The current version of the constitution was adopted 17th March 2014. To view the constitution, please click here to download.
At the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 14th September 2019, a revised version was presented and passed by the membership. The Charities Commission have approved these changes and a copy of the now amended version can be found here to download. At the AGM in 2020 at Teesside University, the Board and membership will have a chance to ratify those changes, after which all modifications will be adopted officially.
A brief overview of the constitution contents are as follows:
1. Adoption of the constitution
3. The Association’s objects (‘the objects’) are to advance education and science for the public benefit.
4. Application of income and property
5. Benefits and payments to Association trustees and connected persons
7. Amendment of constitution
9. Termination of membership
10. General meetings
16. Representatives of other bodies
17. Officers and trustees
18. Appointment of trustees
19. Power of trustees
20. Disqualification and removal of trustees
21. Proceedings of trustees
22. Conflicts of interests and conflicts of loyalties
23. Saving provisions
25. Irregularities in proceedings
27. Accounts, Annual Report, Annual Return
28. Registered particulars
30. Repair and insurance