You’re thinking on joining the British Association for Biological Anthropology and Osteoarchaeology? Either you’re a student or work in commercial archaeology, if you’re coming from a museum or just want to be part of our organisation, welcome!
How to join BABAO
- Fill in the membership form and return it to the membership secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
The data you supply will be managed according to BABAO’s data protection policy. Please see the Data Protection page for further details.
- If you are a student, you must send proof of student status (with expiry date clearly visible) with your application form; we accept photocopies/scans of student cards, acceptance letters or similar, but please ensure the expiry date is visible. Please DO NOT send originals as we cannot return them.
- Fees are due on 1st January each year. BABAO membership runs from 1st January to 31st December. Be aware that the grants competition is open to ALL members of the association who paid their membership fees by the 31st of January of the application year.
Please wait for us to confirm your membership BEFORE making any payments.
Waged membership one-of payment
Unwaged membership one-off payment
Waged membership subscription
Unwaged membership subscription
Other payment options
- Bank Transfer: Contact the membership secretary for our bank details in order to set up your own bank transfer. You can pay a single payment each time, or set up a regular payment.
- Standing Order: Contact the membership secretary for our bank details in order to set up your standing order.
- Cheque: We accept payment by cheque (in £ sterling only) made payable to BABAO, however we do NOT accept cash payments of any kind. If you wish to pay by cheque, please contact the membership secretary who can provide you with a postal address.
Please note that we are not able to process direct debits. This means that BABAO can neither set up payments for you nor alter the amount that you pay on your behalf. Please do not send us your bank details or ask us to change your payment.
We do not routinely issue invoices or receipts for payments, but these can be arranged by contacting the membership secretary.
Please note: if someone else pays fees on your behalf by ANY of the above methods they must state your name and membership number at the time of payment, or you must contact the membership secretary at email@example.com before a payment is made. Please remember if you have recently graduated or returned to studies you may be paying the wrong fees.
If you have any problems in making your payment, or any questions about your subscription, please contact our Membership Secretary, Bennjamin Penny-Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org