The Get Involved grant is intended to encourage and support BABAO members to develop events, outreach activities and resources that promote the benefit of research in the fields of biological anthropology and osteoarchaeology. This can include workshops and activities for academic researchers and students, as well as for the general public.
The purpose of the activity may include:
- Disseminating new research or techniques
- Promoting good ethical practice
- EDI initiatives
- Career development and training opportunities
- Public outreach events
- Development of teaching resources for schools and museums
- Social and digital media content (i.e. videos/podcasts)
Activities may take the format of seminars, small symposia, workshops, one-day events or conferences, or other similar events.
Grant Guidelines and Conditions
- Activities may be related to biological anthropology (relating to humans and non-human primates, extinct and extant) and osteoarchaeology (human and non-human).
- Events must be open to all BABAO members that may wish to attend.
- Digital resources should be made available for dissemination by BABAO (i.e., via the website or social media) for its members and the general public, where applicable.
- Events must be used to undertake outreach activities that are of benefit to our members, or meet the charitable aims of the Association. However, if you are interested in planning a public outreach event (e.g., school visits, stalls at family orientated events such as science festivals), please contact the Outreach Officer at email@example.com in the first instance, as they can provide advice on how best BABAO can support you.
- Successful applicants must make it a requirement for attendees to commit to the BABAO Codes of Conducts. For further information on BABAO Codes of Ethics, Practice, and Digital Imaging during the registration process, please visit our Ethics & Standards. Please see the guidance document for further information regarding requirements of grant winners.
- If the funding is approved, applicants are expected to hold their event/complete their activity within one year of receipt of the award (unless an extension has been agreed with the Board of Trustees at the time of preliminary application).
The amount of funding that can be requested is flexible, depending on the nature of the activity being proposed, but must not exceed £1,000
Grant Application Deadlines
There is no formal application deadline; instead, each will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis throughout the year as applications arise. Award of the grant will therefore depend on not only the suitability of the event for BABAO sponsorship, but also on how many applications have already been awarded sponsorship that year. The annual award cycle will follow the BABAO financial year, opening on 1st January and closing on 31st December.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for BABAO sponsorship for your event/activity, please send a completed preliminary application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility of the event for sponsorship will be assessed by the Board of Trustees prior to a formal application being made. Please note that incomplete applications and those that do not follow the guidelines will be automatically disqualified.