A new, rapid-turnaround microgrant scheme is now available. Requests of up to £250 to support members’ education, research and professional practice will be considered.
The microgrants are available to all BABAO members in immediate need of financial support to access resources that enable them to continue to advance their learning, careers or professional practice. We encourage applications from members of groups who are particularly under-represented among the BABAO membership: members from Black, Asian and other minority backgrounds, LGBTQI+ members, members with disabilities, first generation scholars, and those with caring responsibilities, among others.
Examples of suitable expenses might be bench fees, travel expenses, purchase of essential but inaccessible texts, workshop registration fees, lab/field equipment and academic proof-reading services, but we are open to all requests that benefit you as a Biological Anthropologist or Osteoarchaeologist.
We only ask that:
- you are a fully paid up member of BABAO at the time of application
- the money is spent on activities and resources that benefit you and belong to you, not your university or employer
You can apply for a BABAO Microgrant via email to email@example.com
All you need to do to apply is:
- Tell us who you are (including your BABAO membership number)
- State how much money you are requesting, what you need it for and why you need it.
- The application process is not meant to be arduous, so the expectation is that the application will be around 200 words.
The microgrant scheme is open ended (no fixed deadlines), and will be reviewed and awarded on a monthly basis, with an ongoing review of its scale and duration by the BABAO trustees every month.
This is a trial funding scheme supported by financial savings arising from the cancellation of the 2020 conference. We welcome questions about eligibility and members’ feedback on any aspect of the microgrant scheme.